YEAR 11 CURRICULUM
The GST Curriculum
The Griffin Schools Trust (GST) is a family of primary and secondary schools in the Midlands and the South East of England. We are committed to providing an outstanding independent-style education for all students, predicated on breadth and excellence. All schools provide a rich programme of free extra-curricular activities, create an involving and stimulating physical environment and build a staff team of interesting people who are motivated to advance their own knowledge and skills as well as their pupils’ achievement.
GST schools do not teach young people to know their place, but rather to discover their talents and passions and to take their places in society, making a difference through leadership and service wherever their futures may take them.
The Year 11 Curriculum at the Lammas School
Year 11 is, of course, the crucial year for students, culminating in national examinations. This is your child’s chance to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding, and how they can apply this, across all their subjects. Year 11 is one of the most exciting, challenging and important times in a child’s education. During this year the students will continue in their journey to achieving GCSE and/or BTEC qualifications that will act as a gateway to success for the rest of their lives and their teachers and tutors will be there to support them at every point.
Students should ensure they have:
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality,
- Engagement in lessons,
- Enthusiasm for learning and a keenness to improve.
Year 11 students will also require some resilience – lessons will be challenging and will push students to reach their full potential. They will make mistakes; it’s learning from these mistakes which will help them achieve their full potential. Students will be expected to extend their learning at home, particularly with practice exam questions and papers, and we thank parents and carers for their support and encouragement with this:
- Encourage your child to complete coursework and assessments on time
- Check he/she is doing their homework and sign their planner on a weekly basis
- Make sure he/she is at school every day and on time
- Ensure the balance of work and social life is right
- If your child is struggling in any way, let us know straight away by contacting Ms Martin and Ms Paul
- Encourage your child to attend all revision/intervention sessions and study support sessions which will be held on a weekly basis in school.
Subjects Studied in Year 11
Subjects available to study at Key Stage 4:
- Computer Science
- Health and Social Care
- Physical Education
- Religious Studies
To find out more about The Lammas School Curriculum please ask to speak to the school’s curriculum lead via the main office.
Students are encouraged to access the Griffin Arete Programme to support their wider reading and research into their chosen subjects.